1. Sorry, Deb. No deal. Eight years of Reagan, four years of Daddy Bush, and eight years of Baby Bush trumps the eight years of Bill Clinton’s tenure. I will not vote for Obama based on the alleged threat to a court system long lost to liberal ideals and policies. [Correction, 08/10/08: It was Damozel who wrote the piece, not Deb. Thanks to Deb for pointing this out in the comments below.]
2. This is absolutely fucking Orwellian, and says a lot about the authoritarian bent of the politician utilizing such privacy-invading campaigning.
3. Surprise, surprise: Someone at McSame Central must have used “the Google” to bring the McCain campaign into the 21st century. I can only imagine how much admiration the Establishment Media — already in the tank for Grumpy McAngrypants — has for its wunderkind now.
4. For anyone stupid enough to think that an Obama administration is inevitable, think again. McCain has alternately run from and to the coattails of Little King George — the most unpopular “president” in American history, and he’s still neck and neck with Obama.
5. The Bush Junta is doing a heckuva job securing America’s borders. Remind me again how the junta that was in charge during 9/11, the worst terrorist attack committed on U.S. soil, is to be trusted with preventing another 9/11. Go ahead, wingnuts, I need the laugh.
6. Lou Dobbs is still a pathetic hack.
7. Speaking of pathetic hacks: Elaine Chao.