So many links, so little etc…
1. More and more people have been seeing Barack Obama for what he is: The Democratic Party’s answer to Richard Nixon. But don’t take my word for it: “Newsweek Poll: Obama’s Lead Drops” and “Shut the fuck up and send Obama more money!” have some delightfully gory details about the slide in Obama’s popularity.
2. Phil Gramm has been an asshole for a long, long time.
3. Too bad more reporters weren’t concerned enough about the FISA issue to, y’know, report on how dangerous and unconstitutional a power-grab it was. Mick Arran found at least one who has some problems with it, which is somewhat comforting.
4. Speaking of reporters that suck: ABC World News, NBC Nightly News, and the CBS Evening News still leave a little something to be desired… like, non-biased reporting about McCain’s disgraceful remark about Social Security.
5. “Travesty” gets used so often the word has almost lost its meaning, but other than “negligent homicide” I can’t think of a better term for the death of Staff Sgt. Ryan Maseth at the hands of Kellogg Brown & Root.